The big picture
This transformation has been wide-ranging, leaving few consumer-facing sectors untouched and strategic imperatives such as ecommerce investment, digital marketing and customer loyalty all deeply affected.
- 7% experienced online business greater than predicted during 2020
- 78% of businesses believe this rapid online growth is permanent
- 79% of firms invested in their ecommerce channels during 2020 in response to the customer shift to online
- 70% of companies invested in digital marketing
- 6% of businesses say they feel under pressure to beat or maintain the peak in ecommerce achieved during 2020
- 7% of respondents say that even in this fast-evolving environment they are confident about attracting second-time customers.
In a nutshell
Epsilon’s research shows that the pandemic has dramatically accelerated the growth and maturation of ecommerce across a broad range of sectors and business types. This transformation is permanent, but organisations feel under real pressure to maintain their slice of the ecommerce action and justify their investment.
Find out more
For more insights download Epsilon's new report How to sustain the New Digital Momentum.